Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Paris Bennett Baby


PRINCESS P's PRINCESS ~ American Idol alum, Paris Bennett, has welcomed a baby girl. Her rep tells People that Egypt Bennett arrived at 3:36 p.m. on October 6th, 2008 and weighed in at 5 lbs., 15 oz.

"I'm so excited to finally see my little angel – and man, does she have lungs on her," the first-time mom said. "I guess she's gearing up to be the next American Idol."

Bennett, known as "Princess P" on the fifth season of Idol, was in labor for five hours before giving birth. "Paris’s mother Jamecia Bennett and her family is filled with excitement and welcomes their bundle of joy,” her rep said in the statement.

"This makes five generations," an overjoyed Jamecia Bennett, told The Star Tribune back in June. Jamecia, who like her daughter and mother is a singer, is absolutely over the moon about being a first-time grandmother. "I'm proud of how she did it. I was 16 when I got pregnant," said Jamecia. Paris' great-grandmother is Shirley T. Bennett, 75, of Rockford, Ill.; her grandmother Ann Nesby, a gospel and R&B powerhouse, who lives in Atlanta, was with the Sounds of Blackness.

They are not revealing the father, Jamecia says that; "He chooses not to be in the public eye."

Photo Source: WireImage

1 comment:

Tara Spider said...

oh boy, that is something a bit too weird, three 'place' names in a row! I am v concerned that I might have started something along those lines in my own family!