Sunday, 20 April 2008

Philip Satchell Baby


GET'S THE GIRL ~ AdelaideNow has a piece on legendary broadcaster Philip Satchell; the 70-year-old was secretly hoping for a baby girl and he got his wish last week when his wife Cecily, 39, gave birth to the couple's first child, Jemimah Livingston. The baby girl arrived at 9:48 p.m. on April 11th, 2008 at Calvary Hospital. "I was almost not prepared to say that to myself, but I did really want a girl," the besotted new dad said. "I think I tried to hide the fact that it was very important." Yet, when the little girl was born after an 11-hour labour, Philip didn't register the sex of the new arrival. "The last hour of labour in particular was tough for Cecily," he said. "With all the pushing, I just didn't realise how physical it would be. I was holding Cecily's hand and I almost had no hand left. It didn't occur to me to find out if it was a boy or a girl. It wasn't until they were weighing her that the nurse said, `you know it's a girl?'. It was just so overwhelming. But it's a sight I will never forget, to see this whole baby coming out. There she was."

Phillip has three sons from a previous marriage, 41 year old Andrew, 38 year old Tim and 37 year old David.

Cecily is a viola player with Adelaide Symphony Orchestra.

Jemimah ~ Hebrew; dove. Variation of Jemima.
Photo Source: WireImage

No comments: