Sunday, 30 March 2008

Giada De Laurentiis Baby


TICKLED PINK & GREEN ~ A People exclusive; Giada De Laurentiis is the new mother of a baby girl. "De Laurentiis and husband Todd Thompson welcomed their first child, a healthy baby girl, on Saturday March 29 in Los Angeles," her rep tells People. "Jade Marie De Laurentiis Thompson weighed in at 5lbs, 13oz." This is the couple's first child.

Jade ~ Spanish; jewel. A green gemstone.

Star babies, daughters of:

  • Bret "The Hitman" Hart
  • Mick & Bianca Jagger
February 26th, 2008 ~ The couple are considering the name Jade for their daughter as Jade is the English translation of Giada. But they’ll hold off on their decision until they meet their bundle of joy. After all, “my parents named me ‘Giada’ only after they saw my eyes,” says the green-eyed chef to Today.

November 5th, 2007 ~ Today culinary contributor Giada De Laurentiis sympathized with Today show co-host Matt Lauer's motion sickness; “I have to say I kind of understand how he’s been feeling, because the last four months, I’ve been feeling that way,” she told Today's Natalie Morales and Hoda Kotb in the show’s studios in New York. “So I thought I’d share with you guys something I can’t hold back any longer — come April, I’m going to be a mom!” The baby girl is due in April.

De Laurentiis has been married since 2003 to clothing designer Todd Thompson. She’s the star of Food Networks’ Everyday Italian and the author of the best-selling book of the same name, along with two other cookbooks. She’s cooked with Bobby Flay on Iron Chef America and appears regularly on Today.

Photo Source: Wireimage

No comments: