Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Halle Berry Baby


UPDATE ~ The baby's name has been announced to People; Nahla Ariela.

Nahla ~ Arabic; drink of water. Arabic; honeybee.

Ariela ~ Spanish/Hebrew; lioness of God. Variation of Ariel ~ Hebrew; lion of God.

People has also spoken to Gabriel's family from Quebec. Gabriel's sister Eugenie tells People; "I was so happy when I found out. It's been a long time since we've had a new baby in the family. It's very exciting." The proud Aunt was also thrilled to learn that Halle has been practicing her language skills. "I'm a Quebecer, and it's great that she is learning how to speak French," Eugenie says. "I'm glad that the little one will speak French, too." New mom Halle and dad Gabriel try to visit Gabriel's 64-year-old father, Gérard, and eight brothers and sisters as often as possible. The Aubry family is planning a welcome party in Montreal for its newest member. "We're going to have a big party for them," she says. "My father is so happy right now."

9:20 p.m. ~ People confirms the news. Halle's rep tells People that she had a baby girl and "is doing great".

BERRY BABY ~ A Star Magazine exclusive; Halle is finally a mother! According to Star, she had an initial scare earlier in the day but delivered a baby girl at 10:17 a.m. March 16th, 2008. Halle's daughter weighed in at 7lbs., 4oz. and was delivered at Cedars-Sinai Hospital in Los Angeles. She apparently checked into the hospital for the second time that day after feeling contractions earlier Saturday morning. A source tells the magazine; "Halle had come to the hospital at 4am in the morning because the felt like she was going into labor. It was a bit scary because her blood pressure was skyrocketing and everyone was a little tense. She's a diabetic so that was complicating matters as well. The doctors checked the fetal heart rate and everything seemed okay. After a while Halle's blood pressure came down. She wasn't dilating anymore so at around 2:45pm they let her go home. Halle felt her contractions come on a lot more intensely later that night so she came back to the hospital at 11:00pm Saturday night. Halle was overcome with emotion when she finally held her little girl. She said everything she had gone through was worth that moment. The tears kept coming as Halle didn't even want the nurses to take her baby to clean her up and measure. It was a truly beautiful scene."

Back in September, she confirmed her pregnancy; "Yes, I am three months pregnant," the Oscar winner told Access Hollywood. "Gabriel and I are beyond excited and I've waited a long time for this moment in my life."

Over the years, Halle has made no secret about her desire for a family. Back in April, Halle sat down with Access Hollywood host Nancy O'Dell for a candid talk about Halle’s plans for kids. “Not that there’s not more to accomplish, but I think I arrived at a point in life that I realized I needed more to get me up in the morning. More than going to a new movie set. Or as much fun as getting the star was yesterday, I need something even more profound than that and that’s family. And that’s children,” Halle said. ” I need that like the air to breathe these days and I’m ready. I’m at a point where I’m really, really ready.”

Berry, 41, and her Canadian boyfriend, 32-year-old model Gabriel Aubry, met shooting a Versace ad in Los Angeles in November 2005 and first stepped out as a couple three months later in New York City at the February opening of a Versace boutique in New York City.

Photo Source: WireImage

No comments: